Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 13 - "I need goggles" 😎❄

I am finding out more and more everyday that I am from California. I am not made for the snow. Its has been snowing all day today. I'm not as cold as I thought it's still so different than anything I have ever lived in. We were walking on the U campus today and the snow was legit going in my eyes. I needed some goggles or something just to see where I was going. 

Any who, on a more spiritual level, this past week was so great!

My companion and I have been blessed to be able to find more people to teach. We have been so busy teaching and finding and the days are just flying by. 

Tuesday my zone got to go to the temple. It was much needed and it helped me to recharge and receive revelation on things I need to improve on. Its still crazy to think that I am serving my mission in Salt Lake City and that I got to go to the Salt Lake City temple as a missionary. I love this city and these people with all my heart and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 

It was my first thanksgiving away from my family and it was kind of rough but I was blessed to be able to go to a members house and spend it with her and her family. It was our p-day that day so we were able to spend it relaxing, eating food, and reflecting on all that we are grateful for. 

We have been teaching this guy from Colombia named Andres. He wanted to learn English originally but we found out that he wanted to learn more about our church. So solution.... we help him learn english by teaching him the lessons we have as missionaries. Andres teaches us Spanish and we leave him with commitments and he leaves us with homework. He is literally the greatest ever. He didn't know why he came to Salt Lake but he said that we were angels sent to him. He always love getting to see him! We went to a Spanish ward yesterday for church and Sister Gibb and I had no clue what was happening. 

So something really cool happened this week... 
The day after Thanksgiving the church released their Christmas Initiative. They have done this the past couple years and this year the campaign is called #lighttheworld. I will attach the link to the video below! It shows people serving just as Jesus served while he was on the Earth. There is a calendar with ways to serve 25 ways over 25 days for the days leading up to Christmas. Go watch it, share it with everyone, put it on your Facebook page, and share how you are going to light the world. The scriptures have promised that we are the light of the world. I can promise you that as you serve just a Christ did and serve those all around you, you will find true joy and happiness that comes from becoming more like your Savior this holiday season. 

Love you!! 

Sister McCammon

My Zone
My District
My Sisters in the Salt Lake Zone ❤



Un-planned polka dot day

Sister Gibb and me in the snow. Snow day!!!! (1st time I've worn jeans in 3 months)

Me contemplating throwing this snow ball at Sister Gibb

Her kicking the snow ball

The aftermath of it hahah 😂


No comments:

Post a Comment