Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 15 - Officially done with training!! - 12/12/2016

First things first. It was my Mom's birthday yesterday so go make sure
to tell her happy belated birthday and how amazing she is.

Anyways, this week was crazy busy! From transfers happening this past
Wednesday to just missionary life in general, I felt like Sister Gibb
and I were all over the place this week. But as always it was great!

Saddest moment of the week was when we got a text from Andres saying
that he is going back to Colombia. We are so happy that he is going to
be able to be with his family for the holidays because he was having a
really hard time being away from them. We went to lunch with him and a
member and he said that he will never forget us and said that he is
our Hispanic uncle and to call him Tìo Andres. He asked if he could
still meet with missionaries there and we were so ecstatic. We are
working on sending missionaries to his home in Colombia! I truly love
him so much and he will always hold a special place in my heart.
Sister Gibb and I are already making plans to go visit him after our
missions. So a sad moment really turned into a great moment.

On Wednesday, the Bonneville Stake put on a live nativity. They have
been doing this for years and it's pretty legit. They have a live
camel and sheep! And yes, the baby Jesus was casted for the role and
had to be under the age of 2 months. The camels name is Cosmo, just in
case you were wondering. The YSA missionaries got to help with the hot
chocolate and although I was freezing to death it was so amazing to be
part of something so special. They have it it this park where a little
creek runs though and they make it really seem like you are in
Bethlehem. Over 5,000 people came to see the live nativity! It was so
spiritual being there and then being able to walk through the entire
thing and just see the nativity and listen to the music and narration.

Our investigators are doing great. Many are in finals and planning to
head home for the holidays so we're trying to plan some visits with
those that are staying in town. One of our investigators, Charlee, is
so amazing! I truly love her so much. She has great questions and I
feel like I am learning so much from her even though I am the one
supposed to teach her. She is on date to be baptized January 14th.

Christmas is coming up so quickly!!!!! So crazy!!! Also this Wednesday
I will have been on my mission for 4 months. Time sure is flying by
out here in the mission field.

One thing that I studied that really stood out to me this week was
actually from this morning. I was studying for a lesson we are having
tonight and I felt impressed to study this conference talk by Carole
M. Stephens called The Master Healer. There was a part that really
stood out to me. She says:

"You don’t have to continue to carry the burden of sorrow caused by
sin--alone. You don’t have to carry the pain caused by the unrighteous
actions of others--alone. You don’t have to experience the painful
realities of mortality--alone.
                        The Savior pleads:
                        “Will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be
converted, that I may heal you?
                        “… If ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine
arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come … will I
receive.”
                        “[He] would do anything to take this from you.” In fact, “[He] already has.”

With our focus on the Savior this holiday season go to him and rely on
him for all that you may be experiencing. I have never had to rely on
my Savior more than on my mission. I have battle feelings of
inadequacy and just bad days that come but as I have put ALL my trust
in the Lord I have been okay. I have been given strength to go and do
my calling and I have found comfort in knowing that His arm of mercy
is always extended out towards me. Pain is only temporary because He
has already taken this from you.

Love always, Sister McCammon








No comments:

Post a Comment