Sunday, November 20, 2016

Week 10 - 47 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS! - 11/7/2016

Don't mind the crazy eyes. I guess I am just super excited for Christmas!
Anyone who knows me, knows that Christmas never really ends for me. Its my favorite holiday and yes it is only 47 days till Christmas everyone!!!!


This week was pretty neat (I'm trying not to use awesome or good as much lol)


Met a lot of new people and talked to them about the gospel, ya know the usual daily life of a missionary. We are unfortunately not meeting with one of our investigators anyone. Its really sad but he is still willing to pray and seek and answer if he should be baptized. We also had a miracle while tracting! We were knocking doors in an
apartment complex when this guy comes up the stairs and asked if we knocked on his door. We said yes and that we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints sharing a message about Jesus Christ. He said he was interested and we shared a message with him right there and asked if we could come back another time to share more. He said maybe but that he wanted to come to church on Sunday and then he asked for a Book of Mormon!!! This has never happened to us before!!! Sad part of the story is that he technically doesn't live in our area so we had to pass him off to the Elders but he did come to church!!!! 


Sister Gibb and I got to go to a fireside last night where BYU Vocal Point came and sang. It was so spiritually uplifting to hear them sing live and bear testimony through song. They all mentioned that they were a little timid because they were out numbered by U fans but everything turned out to be okay. Favorite part of this week probably would have to be when a girl was bearing her testimony and telling the whole congregation about breaking up with her boyfriend this week... Gotta love serving in a young single adult ward hahah


It was kind of a rough week but I learned a lot about myself and the fact that even when I am sad I cannot be sad for long. Being sad makes me sad lol if that makes any sense. Heavenly Father has created a plan for each of us called the Plan of Happiness. We have too much to be happy about and give gratitude for! We met this older gentleman named Ron this week. He is currently meeting with the elders that cover the family wards in that area. He was so nice and loves the church with all his heart. He told me to make sure to put in my email a thank you from him to all that helped  me come on my mission and to all those who are constantly encouraging and cheering me on. He wants to thank you all and tell you how much he appreciates missionaries and their family and loved ones. Meeting Ron showed me that gratitude for even the smallest things shows our love for this plan our Heavenly Father has for us. What are you thankful for? I am thankful for my trials, I am weak but they help my grow stronger in my faith. I am thankful for my family who supported me in leaving my senior year of college to come on my mission. I am thankful for my friends who showed me love when I was doubting if I would even make it on a mission. But most of all I am thankful for my mission! I have been out for 10 weeks and 5 days, so crazy! Everyday since I have been in Salt Lake City I have kept a testimony and gratitude journal and it is so amazing to look back on. 


Quote from President Ucthdorf from  this past General Conference: 


"How could it ever be possible that we of all people would not be excited about attending our Church worship services? Or get tired of reading the holy scriptures? I suppose this could be possible only if our hearts were past feeling to experience gratitude and awe for the sacred and sublime gifts God has granted us. Life-changing truths are before our eyes and at our fingertips, but sometimes we sleepwalk on the path of discipleship. Too often we let ourselves be distracted by the imperfections of our fellow members instead of following the example of our Master. We tread a path covered with diamonds, but we can scarcely distinguish them from ordinary pebbles."

Be grateful for the small gifts God has given you and walk the unordinary path, according to the world, that is covered in diamonds. 

Love Always, 
Sister McCammon

Sister Gibb and I with Elder and Sister Williams. They are a senior couple that just finished their mission.  We are going to miss them so much!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment