Sunday, November 6, 2016

Week 9 - Cereal Buffet...- 10/31/2016

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!! 

Hope you all have your costumes picked out and are going to get some candy tonight. Sister Gibb and I are still working on our costumes. The best thing we have come up with so far is switching our name tags so people think we are each other. Its pretty lame but on the mission its the little things in life that seem to be the most hilarious to us. Halloween is actually one of the days that we don't go knocking on peoples doors haha

My tree of life pumpkin 🎃
This week was awesome (I feel like I say that every week, but it was). One thing that I have noticed is that when I sit down to write these emails each week I cannot remember the 'bad' things that happened during the past week. Don't worry, nothing that bad happens here but sometimes there are better days than others. I am still human and have bad days and what not but its like they are wiped away and I can only remember the good. 

Last Monday we got to carve pumpkins again! I don't think I have carved as many pumpkins in the past 5 years as I have the past 2 weeks, but it is so much fun! I carved the tree of life found in Lehi's Dream (1 Nephi 8) ! I'll send a picture along with some others from the week  :) 

Our pumpkins. Sister Gibb's kind of fell apart
 Tuesday we helped some of the other Sisters in our zone clean and pack for transfers the next day. Later that night we had a member take us out to dinner at Olive Garden (which is one of my families favorite) and got to load up on a ton of noodles and alfredo sauce. That same night we had a lesson with a new investigator that we hadn't meet with yet. He is dating a member in one of our wards and was curious about somethings in the church. As we were getting to know him a little bit, we found out that he is a professional soccer player for Real Salt Lake!!!!!! Sister Gibb loves soccer just as much as I do and so after the lesson we couldn't stop talking about it and telling all of the other missionaries. They are in the play offs and are actually playing LA Galaxy (I can't remember the day) so I told him I might not be able to root for him. 

Wednesday we had dinner at a members house like we do every night. He served in Denmark and made us a traditional meal he would eat on his mission a lot. So I can now say I have ha foreign food on my mission! 

Me, Sister Gibb and Amanda (a member form one of our wards)
Had pasta for dinner again on Thursday and Friday (lots of pasta this week). On Friday we actually got to volunteer for IRC which is the International Refuge Committee here in Salt Lake. They are a really great organization and have helped so many of the refugees here in Salt Lake. I love getting a chance to do service and help others around me. 

Sunday we went to church and did the usual Sunday thing. I finally experienced for the the first two dinner appointments. At the end of the night I felt so sick. I also had funeral potatoes for the first time being here in Utah! Our second dinner that night was a Cereal Buffet! And for anyone that knows me, they know that I absolutely love cereal (possibly a little to much). 

Yesterday the topic in church in almost all of our wards was service. Service is something that I have really been trying to incorporate into the mission lifestyle. Yes we do big service projects like with IRC and stuff but there are so many people all around me that need it just as much. As a mission we started reading the New testament a couple weeks ago so that we can finish in time for April Conference. Reading about Christ's life and all the service and love He had for the people truly made me want to be more charitable and give service to everyone. Mosiah 2:17 talks about service and how when we serve those around us we are serving our God. God has commanded us to love thy neighbor and one way we can show our love for our neighbors is by doing service for them. You won't only be a blessing in their life but you will see blessings in your own life as well, I promise!

So this email is mainly about food this week haha Don't know how that happened but there was just a lot of pasta and cereal this week. 

Always turn to your Heavenly Father in need. Have a great week!

Love Sister McCammon  

No comments:

Post a Comment