Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 4 - "Follow your stomach!"- 9/19/2016

What up family and friends!

I found Boris!!!!
I made it safely to the Great Salt Lake City mission! It is so amazing to finally be in the mission field. I am serving in the Salt Lake Zone in the Bonneville YSA stake! We cover 4 wards and I feel right at home. When President Spendlove was pairing all the companionship's up, he looks at me and said, "How involved were you in your YSA ward?" and I said that I loved my YSA ward oh so much. He looks at Sister Gibb then back at me and says, "Sister Gibb meet your new companion!". We work a lot with the institute at the University. 

One of the best parts of my week was when I found out that I actually knew someone in one of the wards I serve in. We had dinner with some members and I told them where I had gone to school before my mission and they said oh didn't Boris go there! I freaked out and was so excited to find out that Boris was in my area. Its good to have familiar faces from back home. 

Besides having the University in our area we also have the high school that High School Musical was filmed! I was so star struck over a school. It reminded me of those middle school days!

My companion/trainer is literally the best! Her name is Sister Gibb. She is from Ohio and has been out for about 3 1/2 months. She is slowly finding out how loud I can get but its okay because she gets just as loud. We work hard and play hard so we balance each other out, My loud squeaky voice and laugh are coming out, and for all my friends back home you know what I'm talking about haha

My trainer Sister Gibb, me, and then Sister Gibb's trainer Sister Berrett
Right when I got here our area was split. Sister Gibb and Sister Berrett (her former companion) covered 7 wards but now we only cover 4 but because of this we are really low on our teaching pool. We are teaching a couple of people but there isn't much going on in the teaching lessons department. We have been praying a lot to find new investigators and on Saturday we got a referral from the Spanish sisters and then just this morning we received two more!! TENDER MERCIES OF THE LORD RIGHT HERE PEOPLE!!!!!  

One thing that I have noticed so far from being in the mission field is that its absolutely nothing like the MTC! Its a lot different but in some of the best ways possible. Sincere pray works. Your Heavenly Father will answer your prays if you just exercise a twig of faith. He knows you and the things of your heart. Please please please go to your Heavenly Father in  prayer during hard times. He will help you stay strong because he won't give you anything that you can't handle. Prayer has worked for me and I have seen the blessing of it in my life and the people that I have got to teach so far. Its so simple and effective but all that we are required to do is ask in faith!

Parts that I really like from Hebrews 12:1-2 "Let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"; "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.." Look us these verses and study them! They are amazing. 

Love you all so much!

Sister McCammon
The weather is amazing and the picture does not do the sunset justice

No comments:

Post a Comment