Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week 2 – A Roller Coaster of a Week! 9/6/2016

Hi All!

The food here is just like any other cafeteria food except they brought “CHICK-FIL-A” the other day!!!! It was seriously the best day of my life! I love “Chick-fil-a <3.” The laundry room is always chaos on P-Days and I feel so accomplished when I finish all of my laundry because finding a washer and dryer is seriously like trying to find Waldo in the “Where's Waldo” books. We are in class all the time with our teachers, learning and studying from 6:30am to 9:30pm every day. It's long but so rewarding and worth every hour.

This week was ummm... interesting to say the least. I have never prayed and studied the scriptures so hard in my life. There were a lot of high moments and unfortunately some really low moments. But good news first:

"My district also known as my MTC family!"
My district has easily become my family here in the MTC. We all love each other so much and we are constantly learning from each other. I got my travel plans for next week and will be heading to my actual mission in Salt Lake City in exactly seven days. Good news for me was that I didn't have to change residence halls. Some of the Sisters had bats in their rooms so they had to change buildings. I felt so bad for them because the building they were moving to didn't have an elevator. Chad Lewis, who played for BYU football and the NFL, was our speaker for our Sunday night devotional and he got me so pumped to love and serve the people in SLC. I wanted to leave the next day to go out in the field, but I need a little more training haha.

The not so good news is that I got sick this week, I had some rough appointments with my investigators and I really miss my family.

"MY sister training leader Sister Doolittle. She leaves tomorrow (Wednesday)"
Here's the catch though. It doesn't matter what I'm going through. Yes I may be sick and yes I may have had a rough week but I am in the service of my God and I would not want to be anywhere else. Missionaries always talk about themselves being their biggest convert and so far I can 100% agree. True conversion requires you to be fully converted unto Christ and before my mission I thought I knew what that meant. I thought I knew how to love people like Christ did and how to be charitable toward others but I'm not going to lie; I look back and feel as though I was so selfish. My Sister Training Leader, Sister Doolittle, shared this quote with me, "I can't, God can, so I'll let Him." I love this because so many times I have tried to figure things out on my own when really all I needed to do was to have faith in Him and everything will be alright.

So why do we have hard times like I have had this past week? We have these hard times because we need to have faith growing experiences. My faith has grown so much in 24 hours. In the Book of Mormon in Alma 32:41 is says, "But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life."

"Got to love candids with your Companion!"
I went to the temple this morning and literally met two women I have never seen before in my life and they told me exactly what I needed to hear. It was exactly what I need to hear from my Savior Jesus Christ. I know they were put there to share their love with me. When I hugged them I felt the love they had for Him and the love my Savior has for me and honestly I felt like it was a hug from my mom. Shout out to the best mother in the world!


This gospel is amazing and as trying as it may get sometimes our Savior is never too far away. He literally carries us when we are in need and sits there crying with us when we are crying. "Jesus doesn't make up the difference. Jesus makes ALL the difference".

Well I love you all!

Love,
Sister McCammon







No comments:

Post a Comment