Sunday, September 10, 2017

Week 36 - Happy (belated) Mother Day - 5/15/2017

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I got to FaceTime with my Mom and Dad.
It was so awesome to be able to hear their voice. I do miss them a lot
but I'm definitely not ready to leave my mission I love it here way to
much.

Thank you to my mom and all the motherly figure in my life. I am so
thankful and grateful for the amazing influences I have in my life and
even the relationships I have made with women on my mission, including
my mission mom, Sister Spendlove.

So fun fact! I don't know if it's really a fact or not but last week
during Fast Sunday I got up no signed my testimony in the deaf ward
and then this Sunday I signed an entire Sacrament meeting talk. It
wasn't that great and I made a lot of mistakes, like accidentally
saying I went to college for 6 years before my mission instead of 3,
but hey it happens. I'm still learning and loving it more and more
each and everyday. Next week is transfers and I just hope I get to
stay here for a little longer.

This week was full of adventures and wacky weather. There was a lot of
biking and warm weather and then the weather decided to get a little
chilly be the weird weather that Utah always has.

Here are just a few highlights from the week:
After our Zone hike last Monday, more like rock climbing, I was so
sore. It hurt to walk and just do everything but I made it through and
it wasn't too bad. Wednesday we went and did service at my favorite
place ever, the LDS Humanitarian center. You just get to sit there and
quilt and I love it. I feel like a grandma a little but I have no
problem with that. Friday we had district meeting in the morning and
we were so excited for the afternoon because we had 3 lessons
scheduled. But just like missionary work goes sometimes, all 3
cancelled. Sister Deem and I have been praying and seeking for the
opportunity to invite someone to learn more about Jesus Christ and we
haven't found anyone. We're continue to pray and seek guidance but for
now we're back out looking. Friday e had dinner with probably my
favorite family ever. The Nelson's are so loving and kind and just
accept everyone. They had us over for dinner and I could have stayed
there forever talking with them and seeing their kids run around.

Not too much else happened this week but while I was reading through
the Book of Mormon this week for our mission Book of Mormon reading
challenge, I came across a phrase that really stood out to me. It's
found in 2 Nephi 9:39- "Spiritually minded is life eternal". I still
don't fully understand what it means but sister deem shared this with
me:

S- spiritually
M- minded
I- is
L- life
E- eternal

Just smile. Eternal life is one of the greatest gifts God has given to
us. He invites us to live with him again after this life. I love
smiling and laughing and anyone that has spent just a little bit of
time around me knows I can't help but just laugh at everything.
Finding joy in this journey of life is truly the greatest gift. That
doesn't mean that everything for me or you will be rainbows and
butterfly's but I know the challenges of life are made much easier
when we can rely on Christ. I have definitely found this to be true in
my mission.

Love Sister McCammon
 
 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment