Sunday, September 10, 2017

Week 40 - When you try to do a good deed.... 6/12/2017

As always this week has just flown by. So much happens everyday!

Utah still amazes me with its wacky weather! The beginning of last
week it was so hot. About in the 90's and then today it's super windy,
drizzling and about 70 degrees. It still amazes me but I love Utah!

There have been so many people this past week who have actually listen
to us. Many are interested beyond our short getting to know them and
sharing a quick message in the street but this week was just so
awesome. We had so many days, where at the end of the day we were all
just so amazed at how great the day was.

Sister Deem lost her voice this week. And when I say lost, she really
did lose it. She could barely even say a whole sentence without her
voice completely shutting off. She was a trooper though and still
tried her best to talk to everyone we saw.

One day we were biking and we saw this man and women sitting on the
grass near the sidewalk. We slowed down to stop to these people but
just were completely ignoring us. They were to excited to see us I
guess but right as we are about to leave they hand us chicken tenders
and potato wedges from the grocery store just down the street. We told
them it's okay but they insisted we take it so we did. We were going
to visit Ken and Jessica afterwards and we had no clue what we were
going to do with this food that we had. But then we were thinking we
could just give it to Ken! So we go and knock on there door to see if
we could have a lesson with them. They were busy but said we could
come back later (which is awesome!) and we offered the him the food.
He looks at me and asks, "Is it Chicken?" And I say, "yes" and then he
says, "I'll take it". The way he hesitantly took it was pretty fun but
they really appreciated the food so we were happy. We also found out
that Ken rap battles! It was a little random but the coolest thing to
find out.

Friday we had Zone training meeting which is always so uplifting. Most
of it was centered on the scriptures and how we can better study and
apply them in our missionary work. The time I have been on my mission
has really helped me to learn more about the scriptures and to develop
a true appreciation for them. When I read and study them everyday I
feel closer and more appreciative for the many blessings that Heavenly
Father has given to me.

Saturday we had breakfast with the Stake President. He invited all of
the missionaries in the Stake to his home for breakfast and so he
could get to know all of us. There are currently 16 missionaries in
our Stake, which is really rare for Utah. After we finished breakfast
we went and did some studies and for the morning before we headed out
to West Valley for a Relief Society activity in the deaf ward. It was
really fun to get to talk with some more of the women in the Deaf Ward
and have a picnic with them.

Later during Saturday after noon we were back at the church building
for some more studying in a program called 12 weeks for all the new
missionaries. Members of the ward had cleaned the building that
morning and someone left their phone. We looked and it was a member
that lived in a Retirement home right next to the church building.
Before our next appointment we thought we'd go drop it off. We go over
there and get let in by someone in the lobby and start to take the
elevator up to the 2nd floor. Well, we didn't quite make it to the 2nd
floor because the elevator stopped and were stuck, it was quite and
adventure! We were only stuck for about 10 minutes and then it started
working again. We tried to do a good deed and got stuck in the
elevator instead.

Sunday had some amazing talks and lessons in all of our wards. One
that really stood out to me was given by the bishop in the University
Ward. He suggested 3 ways that we can be more active in our spiritual
lives:
1. Ponder and pray
2. Make changes and experience the difference
3. Record the experience and feelings for the future

I strive to constantly improve my spiritual life. I strive to become
closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that as we ponder and pray
and experience change in our lives we can find and gain knowledge that
we may not have know before. I have not been the best at journaling. I
am actually quite terrible at it and I always have been but I want my
future family to be able to look back on some of the spiritual
experiences that I have had throughout my life, including my mission.
My goal to be better at journaling. And I really want to try my best.
Bishop also said, "save them and return to them". Try journaling
yourself and write down the experiences that you have had and see the
difference that it makes in your spiritual life.

I can't wait to see what this week has in store!

Love Sister McCammon



Our feast for dinner. There was so much delicious food.

 
Quilting with Elder Lashlee. He is quite the character and very flexible for his age and you can tell from this picture.



Sister Shaveko! We love her so much!

 
Sisters in the Cannon Zone




Stuck in the elevator!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment