Sunday, September 10, 2017

Week 35 - Sunday Miracle - 5/8/2017

Where did this week even go?! With Pday on Tuesday last week it made this week go by super fast and plus we were super busy with a bunch of other things. But we're back to a Pday and mission life is great!
Today we went on a Zone hike to the living room just above the University of Utah.
 
This week was full of adventures. Our deaf investigators from Venezuela are having a bit of a rough time and so we thought we would show them so love and heart attack their door. The only problem was that they only read in Spanish. Thankful we got some help from an elder in our district who is from Bolivia and speaks Spanish! We snuck up to their apartment and hurried and taped them on their door and left so they wouldn't see us. We got a text later from their fellowshipper in the ward, Sister Case, saying that they absolutely loved it and they appreciated it a ton. Best heart attack I have done on my mission yet.
Not too much else happened this week besides Emma (she has her mission call to the Italy Rome mission leaving June 14th) coming out with us, she rode her bike and everything. Did service at the Soup Kitchen again (we love it there!), had interviews with President on Friday, and an amazing Zone training meeting later that day. We did lots of finding and tracting this week.
Saturday I was on exchanges with Sister Baluyot! I served around her at the beginning of my mission and then she left and now she is my STL. It was really fun to be in Rose Park and be with Sister B for a day! She is a great missionary!
Sunday miracle: This Sunday we found two new investigators! They showed up to church and have been talking with missionaries online for a few months. We set up a lesson with them this week and we're excited to be able to get to teach them. Another really cool thing that happened was that I gave my testimony in ASL in the deaf ward. Every first Sunday of the month we have in the church we have what we call Fast and Testimony meeting. Many people Fast and during Sacrament meeting get up and share their testimony with the entire congregation.
I really felt prompted to go up and share my testimony while sitting in the deaf ward and I am so happy I did. It's crazy how much you learn and grow in such a short time.
The spirit prompts us for several different reasons, of which I do not know. They are different for every person, but yesterday I just hope something I shared in my testimony helped to uplift and edifying those around me. I was on cloud 9 after, I was so happy and I just felt the love that my Father in Heaven has for me.
Love Sister McCammon

Sister Baluyot! 

 
This is Louisa! She lives in the house that the STLs stay at. She asked me to braid her hair and I was more than happy to do so!
 


She was so excited to see her hair!

 
Gotta love deaf grammar! Gospel principals with our ward mission leader teaching!


Zone Hike today for P-Day!



Cannon Zone Sisters!




 
Cannon Zone... missing the Zone Leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment