Sunday, September 10, 2017

Week 38 - Happy Memorial Day!! - 5/29/2017


What a week! Transfer week is always so crazy especially when something new is happening in your area.
Tuesday was our day to prepare for our new missionary. It was pretty crazy since we had to try and get a third bed in our place plus find more space for a third Sister Missionary's clothes. Oh man was it tricky but we seem to make it work! Wednesday morning was the day we would find out who our companion was and oh my dear was it nerve racking. We were almost positive that President would have us train the ASL sister but you never know what the Lord has in store for you.
We were waiting and waiting and finally President received a confirmation from the Lord that all of the companionships were exactly where they needed to be. Next thing we know every new missionary is matched up with their trainer.
Okay so my new companion! Her name is Sister Wilcox and she is from Huntington Beach, California. She is practically from home!! She is so cute and funny and is totally a Californian. She graduated from High school last year and has just been working since then. So coolest thing about Sister Wilcox is that she is the first missionary in our mission to actually be called to an ASL mission. She is so awesome and the members really love her. She is already so amazing that sometimes Sister Deem and I forget to train her because she's such a natural.
Don't worry though we're still training her haha
Being in a trio is so much fun. It's totally a different dynamic but I wouldn't change it for the world. Trio life is the best.
With the new transfer our area gained another ward wishing the Stake we are serving in called the University Ward. It actually covers all of the University housing and married students can come to this ward or the married student Stake. But I'm back at the University!!! I love it here! The ward seems really awesome too! We went to Sacrament meeting on Sunday and they were all excited to introduce us in front of the ward. This is the first time they have ever had Sister Missionaries in their ward! Can't wait to see what happens.
As for investigators we are seeing little miracles occur all around us. Ken and Jessica who were the ones that just showed up one Sunday to church. We haven't been able to get ahold of them for a couple weeks but we finally found them home on Wednesday night. We shared a quick scripture and then we found out that Ken has some kids that are hard of hearing and know ASL. MIRACLE!
One thing from being in this Area that has truly changed my life is American Sign Language. When I see things in ASL they just seem to make more sense to me and I feel the spirit so strong.  It has really shown me that no matter what language it is, whether you understand it or not, the spirit testifies of truth. He always has and he always will. Sister Wilcox was signing the first vision which the personal account, written by Joseph Smith, of when he prayed in a grove of trees. This is what happened:
"I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. … When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spoke unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other--This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!"
As I watched her sign it all I felt the spirit com over me so strongly confirm to me that this truly did happen. I know without a doubt in my heart that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Joseph had a question and he went to God to seek and answer. We probably won't have Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ come to us in person to answer our prayers but I know that he does answer them. When was he last time you prayed? And when you do pray do you believe that you will truly receive an answer? Why don't you try it! It won't hurt and honestly your Heavenly Father is just waiting to hear from you. He loves you and I love all of you too!
Love Sister McCammon

 
All of us trainers waiting to find out who will be our new companions
 
 
3 beds squished into our tiny room
 
 
Sister Wilcox's first dinner with the cutest kids ever!
 
 
The dream team aka Tream!
 
 
 
 

 
Sister Deem had a baptism for and investigator she taught a year ago and Drew is one of her old investigators who is getting baptized in July
 

No comments:

Post a Comment