Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 17 - A Christmas Miracle - 12/26/2016



This week was fantastic!

We were able to stay busy even though so so so many people were gone
for the holidays. I feel like I learned a lot this week and hopefully
was able to help others to see the Light of Christ within themselves.


We got permission to FaceTime Charlee while she is home for the break
and so we were able to talk with here and still teach her. She is so
sweet and I can just tell that she is growing so much since we first
started teaching her. We love her! We also got to meet with Katie
before she headed home for Christmas. She as well is growing so much
and you can just see her countenance changing.


We had our mission Christmas party this Wednesday and it was the best
thing of my life. Christmas on the mission is seriously the best. We
had a very nice devotional put together by Sister Spendlove about how
Christ is the Light of the World. Some of the missionaries in my zone
were asked by Sister Spendlove to sing a song during the devotional,
so Sister Gibb and I had the opportunity to do that. Then we had this
super nice lunch that was catered. After lunch we had a talent show
put on by the missionaries. This is like a legit talent show.
Missionaries go all out for this and I was laughing so hard at some of
them. There were parodies of popular songs that none of us have heard
in forever, Polynesian dances and piano battles. Oh and a Haka that
was dedicated to President Spendlove's father, who passed away a
couple months ago, by the Tongan elders.


Christmas Eve, my district went to Pioneer Park and handed homeless
bags that had socks, soap and other things that they may need. We met
some people and handed out probably 30 bags. We then walked over to
the homeless shelter and volunteered there, helping sort all the
donations that were coming in that day. Holmes's people line the
street outside the shelter. When we were walking to the front door
this lady walked by and said Merry Christmas. A few minutes later she
then walked back and said that she used to be a member of the church
and  when we walked by she felt so much peace. I know that God was
comforting her at this time. It was humbling to meet all those people
and to hear some of there stories.


There was a huge snow storm that came and I finally got a white
Christmas. It was actually the snowiest Christmas Salt Lake has had in
over 100 years. It was so bad that Sister Gibb and I couldn't even
make it up the hill in our car to church and ended up walking down the
street to another ward that we didn't cover. Going up the hill I feel
like we almost died, I'm being a little dramatic, but in the
perspective of someone who was born and raised in a California... yes
we almost died. I got to FaceTime my family and practically cried the
entire time. I love my family so much! They mean everything to me and
even though it's hard being away from them, I need to spend sometime
away from my family so I can help others be with theirs forever.


Yesterday was Christmas and I am still in denial that I have to wait
another 364 days to celebrate it again...but don't you all worry, I
will still be singing Christmas songs and wearing Christmas socks all
year round. Most important I will be celebrating Christmas all year
round because I will be looking towards my Savior and worshipping Him.
It's a Christmas Miracle that we don't have to wait a whole year to
find the peace and joy that comes from following our Saviors example.
It's a Christmas miracle that our Heavenly Father gave us His only
Begotten Son so that we wouldn't have to wait to focus our thoughts,
words, deeds and actions towards Christ.


"Christmas is not only a celebration of how Jesus came into the World
but also of knowing who He is - our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ- and
of why He came"
               - Elder Craig C. Christensen, The Fulness of the Story
of Christmas


"We can light a dark world"

 - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Love you all, Sister McCammon ❤

Lots of pictures this week!




Sister Gibb and I at the Christmas Party in our Christmas skirts my mom made us 

Sister Berrett (red cardigan) said she wanted to squish our faces so we let here. She goes home this Wednesday. 

teering at the homeless shelter And Santa walked by so we had to get a picture πŸŽ…πŸ»


Walking to church 🚢🏼‍♀️
This Candace! We love her so much. We have dinner with her every month


No comments:

Post a Comment