Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Week 22 - 2 Sister Missionaries teaching in front of 250 people... 😳 - 1/31/2017

Hi Everyone!!
I feel like this past week was sooooo long... or maybe that's because my Pday got moved to today.
 
We got to go to the Salt Lake City temple this morning and since the temple is closed on Mondays we got to go this morning and have our Pday today. It was so weird getting everyone's emails and not being able to respond but I managed haha.
 
What even happened this week??
 
Well to start off, on Wednesday there was the Worldwide missionary broadcast. There were some changes made to the missionary schedule and depending on what part of the world you are serving in might depend on your schedule. For all you returned missionaries out there you might be a little shocked. There is no more nightly planning, we now have morning planning for 30 minutes and personal study for an hour.
 
Companionship study is done whenever you have time throughout the day.
 
Lunch went from an hour to only 30 minutes, which means I can't really take an afternoon nap anymore but that's okay. Pday's now begin at 8am instead of 10am so we have a couple more hours to get things done that we can't normally do throughout the week. All of us missionaries are excited to see these changes and to see what blessings the Savior has in store for us because of them.
 
We met with a few of our investigators this week and even found another person to teach. His name is Hasan and he is from Pakistan. We didn't have an appointment set up but we stopped by to see if he was home and he was so he said that we could share one now. We had another girl with us so we went in and taught him the entire Restoration lesson. He had so many awesome questions and really wants to know of what we are telling him is true.
 
We had some other lessons and did some tracting but the most exciting thing was that I took public transportation on my mission for the first time. Yes my companion and I do have a car but we live so close to the tracts and a bus stop so we decided to go talk to some people and see if we could actually make it to the institute and back home without getting lost. WE DIDN'T GET LOST AND MADE IT HOME. We were so proud of our selves!
 
Sunday was the highlight of my week. We got asked to speak about missionary work in one wards and then in another we got asked to teach a lesson during the third hour of church. I love speaking in church and it was the first time I have actually spoken in sacrament meeting on my mission. Before my mission, I was asked to speak almost every month as I was preparing for my mission and so I felt right at home when I got to speak on Sunday. In another one of our wards they were having a visitors Sunday where they encouraged the members to bring a friend along and so we got to teach their 3rd hour. There was about 250 people staring at us as we got to teach them all the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was awesome! A little nerve-racking at the beginning... but so awesome! We got a lot of complements about our lesson and so that made us really happy.
 
One thing I have been thinking a lot about is the word change. A lot of things are changing/ have changed in my life. I've been on my mission a little over 5 months, I just got a new companion, a new missionary schedule just happened and I myself am changing everyday.
Change can be scary but it can be a great experience as well. Amongst all the struggles we have everyday if we allow the Gospel of Jesus Christ to change our nature from that of the natural man in all of us, we can become a more Christ-like person. We become someone who God wants us to be rather that what the world expects.  Be open to change.
 
We never know what God can mold us into one day.
 
Mosiah 5:7 And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters.
 
Favorite Quote from the week:
 
"How cool is it that the same God that created the mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you though the world needed one of you too"
 
Love always, Sister McCammon

PS- I slacked on the pictures this week. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment