Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 20 - No I'm good... I'll just stay in YSA - 1/16/2017

Where did this week even go?! 

Transfers this week! We just found out today that Sister Gibb will be leaving and heading up to Bountiful to be one of the new Sister Training Leaders. I on the other hand get to stay in the best YSA area ever! My new companions name is Sister Latchumanan and she is from Malaysia! I have only met her very briefly once before but am super excited to be companions with her. I'll get to meet her more on Wednesday when transfers happen. 

This week many of the people that we were teaching decided that they didn't really want to meet with us anymore. Which was super hard. We love all of our investigators so much and are so heart broken when they don't want to meet anymore. We haven't given up hope and are still able to see miracles everyday. We got a less-active to teach that wants to come back to church and a few potential investigators that seem really interested in learning more about the church. One of our new investigators, Yun, is from China and has had no prior religious background. She loves hearing stories about Jesus and we love talking about Him so we are continuing to meet with her and help her come to know that she has a loving Heavenly Father that knows her. 

Miracle of the week: one of the four wards that we cover hasn't had anyone to teach in so long, like almost a year. As a ward we all fasted for missionary opportunities and how we can invite our friends to learn more about the church. This Sunday, someone randomly called us. We didn't recognize the number or anything and he said that he just moved here from California and isn't a member but would love to learn more about the church. Very rarely in any of our wards do we have someone comes directly to us asking to be taught! It was so amazing.

Not gonna lie. This week was so rough. I was approaching rock bottom (or at least I thought) and was just trying to stay afloat. But on the bright side I have some amazing leadership in my Zone and I was able to talk to my Sister Training Leader and receive a priesthood blessing. Prayers and blessings work!!!

Amongst the struggles of this week I went and was trying to find comfort in the scriptures, prayer and words of our modern prophets and apostles, which is THE BEST place you can go in time of need. I was trying to find anything that could help me remember what my purpose here is, who I really am and why I ever decided to serve a mission, while leaving behind my senior year of college and my amazing family and friends. Just to my luck, I found exactly what I needed to hear and am oh so grateful for spiritual council. 

One scripture that I found that really comforted me is found in the Book of Mormon. It's in the Book of Alma 31:31 " O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me" 

In times of adversity, comfort your soul in Christ. He is the only person that knows exactly what you are going through. Reach out to him and he will help you remember he is there and is never going to leave you. Satan wants us to forget but God wants us to remember. 

Read this talk! It's literally so good and helps us see how we can rely on the Lord and we face adversity. 

I love this very last part of the talk. I can honestly say that I love this trial that I am going through because I have been able to tell people more than I have my entire mission that Christ is our healer and in Him we will never be let down. I don't know if I wrote all this out for my out benefit but I hope that this may help at least one of you when you face tough times. Know that I love you but more importantly that God loves you. 

"I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it.
As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial. We can say, as did my mother, “Come what may, and love it.” Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." 
Love you all ❤

Sister McCammon 
Frances! We love her very much and had the opportunity to teach her for a little bit. She is now in the amazing hands of the sister missionaries that cover the Draper YSA. 

Compie ❤

This picture explains everyone in my district to a T. They are all crazy but I love them all so much. Best district ever!!! 

They had puppies at FHE so of course we had to go! 



No comments:

Post a Comment